• Add Photos
  • View All


  • Add Videos
  • View All


Criteria for Study Leave for Sr. Library & Information Assistant

Dear professionals,

Please provide information about the criteria for availing study for candidates working as Sr. Library Inf. Assistants/ Library and Information Assistant in govt. job.

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Sri Handa,

According to Central Govt. Rules, a govern servant working in a permanent post for NOT LESS THAN FIVE YEARS is eligible to get study leave to undergo a special course consisting of higher studies or specialized training in a professional or technical subject having a DIRECT OR CLOSE CONNECTION with the sphere of his/her duties or being capable  of widening his/her mind in a manner likely to improve his/her ability as a civil servant [Rule 50 (1) & (2)]

The leave sanctioning authority is the concerned Ministry/Department of Central Govt/Administrator or CAG.The maximum period of such leave is 36 Months.

In practice however, Directors or Heads of Institutes can grant such study leave.The candidate is entitled to get his/her salary during study leave. The incumbent has to execute a bond that on return after successful completion of the course he/she will work for that organization for a specific period of time or will pay certain prefixed amount of money if s/he leaves the organization before expiry of the bond period.In case one is a Central govt. staff, one can consult the CCS FR & SR for detailed explanation or Swamy's handbook for a brief account.

In case one is working in private sector, it depends upon the discretion of the authority. (Personally speaking, I joined a P.G.Teaching cum Research Hospital of  renowned Private Organization as Librarian after doing B.Lib. Sc and within three years I got study leave (without pay) to undergo M.L.I.Sc. course)


Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta


Siddhartha Shankar Ray


© 2019   Created by Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service