Latest Activity

Kajal Kumari is now friends with Hari Kishan, Naman, Rahul and BASANT KUMAR
2 hours ago
SAYABGARI NAGESH updated their profile
3 hours ago
Arindam Guha Biswas is now friends with KRISHNA REDDY M and Prakash Das
16 hours ago
Profile Iconpriti kumari, Mansi Verma, Neetha Devan and 19 more joined LIS Links
17 hours ago
Manmita Baishya posted blog posts
17 hours ago
Dr. Naved Ahmad posted a discussion
20 hours ago
Stanly James Pradeepam posted a discussion
20 hours ago
MOHANKUMAR L posted a discussion
20 hours ago
Badan Barman posted a discussion
20 hours ago
Badan Barman posted an event

Webinar on Online Teaching-Learning at Guwahati, Assam

July 11, 2020 from 6pm to 7pm
20 hours ago
Stanly James Pradeepam posted an event
Thumbnail

National Level Webinar on "Managing a Library Using Google Tools" at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala

July 11, 2020 from 10:30am to 12:30pm
20 hours ago
shivani thakur posted an event
20 hours ago
BASANT KUMAR left a comment for Kajal Kumari
23 hours ago
Sourav Patra posted a blog post
yesterday
Ramkisan more commented on Dr.G.Stephen's blog post Recruitment For Librarian Post by Maharashtra Administrative Tribunal, at Mumbai, Nagpur and Aurangabad Bench
yesterday
Linu sahu replied to ganesh's discussion Is BLIS Degree Equivalent to Diploma in Library Science for NIFT Recruitment
Tuesday
MOHANKUMAR L posted a status
"Good afternoon,every one, can any one help restore the backup Alice for Windows (Afw) Library Automation software"
Tuesday
Hina Dora posted a status
"hey all good afternoon , when you can use your skills and networking to earn more , if interested plz watsaap me on this number 9411717484"
Tuesday
ganesh replied to ganesh's discussion Is BLIS Degree Equivalent to Diploma in Library Science for NIFT Recruitment
Tuesday
Linu sahu replied to ganesh's discussion Is BLIS Degree Equivalent to Diploma in Library Science for NIFT Recruitment
Monday
Overview of the New ISBN-13 Format

As of January 2007, ISBN agencies all over the world have began to assign new ISBN numbers that are 13 digits long, replacing the 10 digit numbers currently provided. Since ISBN numbers are used to identify books for production, ordering, inventory, or researching, it is imperative that publishers understand the rationale and ramifications behind this upcoming major change. The complexity of making the transition will vary from publisher to publisher, depending on existing systems and practices.

Benefits of the new ISBN-13 Format:

* Increase the available number of ISBNs worldwide.
* Enable conformance to the EAN global numbering system.

Converting to ISBN-13
In essence, the ISBN-13 is the data encodation of the existing Bookland EAN – the number derived from the current ISBN in the bar code symbol. Publishers can utilize our conversion utility to convert their existing ISBN-10s to ISBN-13s.

To convert the current ISBN-10 into a ISBN-13 format:

Example: 0-123456-47-9

1. Begin with prefix of “978”
2. Use the first nine numeric characters of the ISBN (include dashes)
978-0-123456-47-
3. Calculate the EAN check digit using the “Mod 10 Algorithm”
978-0-123456-47-2

ISBN-10 0-123456-47-9
ISBN-13 978-0-123456-47-2

As of January 1, 2007 , the numbers issued by all ISBN agencies have the new 13-digit structure; but as blocks of ISBN-13s built on existing ISBN-10s are exhausted, new blocks will be prefixed with 979 instead of the current 978.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

In my software the set up for ISBN number is 10 digit, since the 13 digit structure is introduced, i am not able t feed the number, what is the solution for this
please any one help me

Mrs. PAi
don,t worry you just put 1o digit ISBN, because this is not inportant key for searching

Mrs. Chandrakala Nitin Pai said:
In my software the set up for ISBN number is 10 digit, since the 13 digit structure is introduced, i am not able t feed the number, what is the solution for this
please any one help me

Mrs. PAi

RSS

© 2020   Created by Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Telegram Group