LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

Can we consider Cloud Computing as one of the area which may be Out Sourced by a Library ?

Almost all of us know about Cloud Computing.  In case of Cloud Computing, all the data are stored in another server, instead of the library's own server or computer. It is handled by the third party. So, can we consider Cloud Computing as one of the area which may be out sourced by a library ? Respected professionals, I am requesting you to give some light on this topic to clear my confusion.

Views: 807

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

dear chanda paul, i will explain you the thing from single example.we fell buying or owning is generally good, we all wanted our own house not rented,we wanted our own car not rented , but this trend is changing now as world is move to next generation technology where rent is much easier and use full then to buy.

for eg, you can't buy train to go you take servises

you cant buy plain to fly but you usually pay and take seat like this in library also concept of free server or every thing free is concept of clod computing.

practically you can have all servers,hard disk , software all virtual on somewhere on net, and you can utilize the things according to you way. what you need is a monitor,keyboard only to operate all.

there are many company which provide all this free even Google also, in my next mail i will show all the procedure company which provide secure facility for all this on free.

the question people ask is this a secure way, then my answer is very clear your data is not secure on g mail but the world had there account son g mail.

ya still for library you can put your data bases on cloud computing you can use it in big campus.

but we have to go long way in terms of all library services, still problem of library software is one , second is we have to take weekly backup of all and preserve it in print or digital form. buy 2020 all will be virtual, as

technology is changing very fast and i tis very low cost phenomenon, so wait for some time before doing it practicality,  company are still working on it.

Thank you very much, NITESH SINGH PAWAR Sir for your valuable reply...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop