Dear Sir/ Madam,
The book “Libraries in Digital Era” edited by Vinod Kumar, Abha Sharma and S S Joshi” has already
been published by Arihant Parkashan Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi (ISBN 978 93 80872 674)
and all the principal contributors may have received a copy of it. One book titled "Recent trends in libraries" by the same editors was got published in 2010. Now we intend to edit the 3rd book
titled “Librarianship in Internet Age”.
The book will seek quality research papers that present original
theoretical approaches as well as experimental case studies. Articles should
examine concepts, analysis, new approaches and techniques pertaining to the
field mentioned below. Case studies covering new initiatives of important
issues in the digital library field would be included.
I request you to contribute your valuable papers to this book on any of the
following sub topics or you think come under the topic cited above:
1. Library Automation
2. Barcodes and RFID Systems in Libraries.
3. Networks-Concept, Applications, Maintenance & Security in libraries
4. Data Mining
5. Collection development of Digital Libraries.
6. Electronic Information- Implication & Management in Libraries
7. Open Source Software- Applications and Implications.
8. Institutional Repositories- the Primary Sources of Information.
9. Digital Libraries- Challenges and Avenues.
10. Information Resources- Sharing and Managing in Electronic Age.
11. Internet based Library Services- Implications and Management.
12. Information Literacy – Essential Skills for Survival
13. Lifelong E- learning in Libraries.
14. Knowledge Organization & Management
15. Change Management in Libraries
16. Copyright and IPR issues in Digital Environment
17. Librarians as Information providers.
18 Internet based resources
19 Databases in library and information science.
20 Library software Packages
22 Libraries as facilitators in the digital era
The papers in MS Word file and 12 font size need to be sent preferably through
e-mail or CD-ROM along with a hard copy latest by 30th of September 2012. All
submissions will be reviewed keeping in view the accuracy and quality of paper.
A certificate is to be furnished ‘that the article has not been published/
accepted for publication elsewhere’.
For more information, you may contact me or Dr. Vinod Kumar at
Mobile No. 094668 39373, Phone No. 01662-263301,
E-mail:- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: For keeping uniformity in references, please follow the style as
Kumar, Vinod and Joshi, S. S.(2006). “Role of university libraries and
information centres in bridging the digital divide”, Library progress
(International). Vol. 26 (2), pp.143-153.
Joshi, S.S., Kumar, Vinod and Sharma, Abha (2010). “Recent trends in libraries”,
New Delhi; Arihant,
Looking forward to receive your valuable contribution in the proposed book.
With kind regards,