We are the 1st and Largest Network of Librarians in India with 26000+ Members
Since 1995, one of my friends has been working with an govt. aided college affiliated to Mumbai University as a Non-Teaching library staff. He has completed 18 years of his service which is covered under old pension scheme. Recently he cleared NET as well as SET in Lib. & Inf. Sc.
At this juncture, if he join as a librarian in any such govt. aided college,
1. Will his service be continued?
2. Will he get benefit of continuation for his old pension scheme?
3. Can a service be continued from Non-Teaching to Teaching cadre?
4. Is there any case benefited under such circumstances?
Yes he covered under old pension scheme if he applied the any post through proper channel. If he want any explanation please contact me on my Mobile No. +919948336140
(1) Yes, if the application routed through proper channel and releasing order contain the benefit of Rule-26(2) admissible under CCS(Pension Rules),1972 the his past service will count for pension.
(2) Yes he get benefit of continuation for his old pension scheme.
(3) both cadre are different to each other so he can not claim for seniority.
(4)Yes there are some other benefit such as carry forward of leave,fixation of pay ,transfer of PF balance.
Thanks for information, If you have GR regarding this pl upload it or send me on my e-mail address
Please consult CCS(Pension) Rules 1972,CCS(Leave)Rules ,FR-SR Part-I Rule 22(1)(a) .