National Level Conference
Today and Tomorrow
Challenges and Opportunities
21 July 2017
Department of Library
Muthurangam Govt Arts College
Vellore- 632 002
The theme for the conference
1. Library Information Sources & Services
- Battle of e-books (procurement, storing , managing and dissemination)
- Electronic journals – from prices to usage.
- Paid electronic resources Vs Free electronic resources
- Library sources and services through social networking
- Internet Vs Library -Perception of young generation about the libraries
- Revamp your Libraries for young generation –opportunities and challenges
- E-platform – Sources, services and disseminations.
- Library collaborations with academic departments
- Analysis of library users on driven acquisitions
- 2. Library Information Tools and Technologies
- Reference management - Tools and techniques
- Techniques for Research and writing
- Open Access Initiatives, (OAI) open access repositories.
- Developing local e-repositories/Institutional Repositories
- Web resources and services
- Electronic Resource Management System (ERMS)
- Motivational and engagement factors in information literacy instruction
- Active learning ideas and research instructions
- 3. Library Trends
- Innovative technologies and tools to transform of library sources and services
- Influence of Electronic resources and devices on reading habits
- Google generation –challenges &opportunities to Libraries.
- Dissemination of library services -social networking tools
- Implementation of next generation catalogs
- Tools and Techniques to enhance college library performance.
- Library Staff skills for hybrid libraries
- Sell Your Library Service(SYLS)/Marketing your library
- 4. Library Access, Space and preservation
- Library Space Planning in hybrid library
- Revamping Library Spaces –Digital server vs Physical stock area
- Attracting space design for library users
- Future of library - access storing , dissemination
- Collection decisions for repurposing spaces
Instructions to authors
Final version of the papers should be submitted by 15 July 2017.
can also be sent in advance through email firstname.lastname@example.org. The research papers should be in MS Word, font style Times New Roman, size of font 12. The language of paper should be in English only. selected papers shall be published with ISBN proceeding.